International Powered Access Federation scheme is an operative record scheme recognised worldwide.
We offer all IPAF accredited courses, each carried out by our experienced instructors approved by the manufacturers & IPAF.
We offer a personal service, which enables you to speak with, meet with, or email a member of our team who will tailor the courses required to your own specific needs i.e.:
- A date that suits you
- Training can be carried out at your premises, on site or at our training centre.
Which Training Course?
Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs) Categories: 1A, 1B, 3A & 3B.
- 1A: Static Vertical – Vertical Personnel Platforms (static).
- 1B: Static Boom – Self-propelled booms (with outriggers), trailer mounted/pusharounds, and vehicle mounted platforms.
- 3A: Scisscor Lifts, Vertical Personnel Platforms (mobile).
- 3B: Mobile Boom – Self-propelled booms.
The Health and Safety at work act 1974 places a duty on the employer to provide an adequate level of training to allow employees to operate equipment safely and competently. All courses conducted by Advanced Access Platforms enable your company to comply with this requirement.
Courses are approved by the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF). This scheme is nationally recognized and provides the operator with a permit valid for five years. This scheme has the added benefit of being the first step on the route to an NVQ for those who require it.
The PAL Card
The Ultimate Proof: A Powered Access Licence Card issued by us carries all of the key facts people need to know. It states who the person is and what equipment they are trained to operate. The licence card states:
- Categories of equipment that the licence is valid for.
- When & where they were trained.
- When they should be retrained.
- Signature & photograph of holder to ensure validity.
The IPAF Training programme adopted new MEWP categories from 1 January 2008. The category change does not affect the training received and existing PAL Cards (Powered Access Licences) remain valid as specified. Existing PAL Card holders do not need to get their cards changed.